Dedicated to helping auto insurance buyers
find the right auto insurance seller


What happens if someone hits my parked car and drives away?

If the cost to repair the damage is more than your deductible, then it is critical that you file an accident report with the police. If you do, then your insurer will settle the claim under the collision section of your policy and you will have to pay the deductible, BUT you will NOT be charged with an at-fault accident. If there is no police report and you submit a claim, you WILL be charged with an at-fault accident.

See "how is a claim handled?" for an explanation of how and when to report a claim to the police.

Get a quote for your auto insurance

Auto Insurance Broker Auto Insurance Agent Auto Insurance Agent